Timesheet tracking and attendance tracking are critical for every business. However, you’ll still find that many small businesses track their employees’ time on a simple spreadsheet (or even with pen and paper!). We all know that human error is a real thing, and when it comes to employee attendance, every error can impact your business. This is why timesheet tracking software can be a lifesaver.
Benefits of Timesheet Tracking Software
- Real-time Information: Timesheet tracking software provides you with real-time information. You know immediately which employees are absent and which ones are late; this allows you to make decisions right away, getting the coverage you need.
Since these platforms are fully automated, the real-time data can help you find ways to increase productivity.
- Less Paperwork: Timesheet tracking software does the work for you. It is fully automated, so there is no reason for anyone to have to fill out manual timesheets. This automation will also remove human error. Employees are paid exactly what they worked, and you will always see when employees arrive and when they leave because it will be recorded for you automatically.
- Time Off Requests: Timesheet tracking software also eliminates the need for employees to fill out leave requests. They can log into the system and request their days off, without any ever needing to fill out a piece of paperwork. The system can alert staff to the leave request, and it will be approved or denied in the system, alerting the employee.
- No Muss, No Fuss: These fully automated programs are much easier to use than an Excel spreadsheet, or paper and pen. They culminate data for you, in real time. They help you track and schedule your budget, provide you with actual labor costs, show you things like employee schedules, sales transactions and more. With the click of your mouse, you’ll see what’s going on at any given moment. This allows you to manage your workforce much more efficiently, saving you time and money.
- Compliance: Additionally, keeping accurate records of who is on- or off-site can increase the safety of staff in the event of an incident. It also helps keep you compliant with all health and safety regulations. Since you are required to maintain employee records for three years, and timecard records for two years, having a platform that saves them in the cloud is ideal. They won’t take up space in your office and they are right at hand the moment you need them.
No matter what type of small business you run, keeping an eye on the bottom line is crucial. With timekeeping software, you won’t be bogged down with paperwork, employees are paid exactly what they worked, and you’ll always know who is where they’re supposed to be.