Using time tracking software to track your employees time and attendance is essential, no matter the size of your business. However, today you’ll find many small businesses still track their employees’ manually. Human error happens, and when it comes to employee attendance, every error can potentially impact your bottom line. This is why time tracking software is essential.
Benefits of Timesheet Tracking Software for Small Businesses
- Real-time Information: Timesheet tracking software provides you with the real-time information you need to run your business. You’ll know immediately when employees are absent or late, allowing you to arrange the coverage you need right away. Because these platforms are fully automated, the real-time data can help you increase productivity and improve your bottom line.
- No More Paperwork: With timesheet tracking software, everything is automated. You won’t have to deal with manual timesheets, faxes, or little pieces of paper your employees have noted their missed clock-ins on. Automating the process will also remove human error. In this way, employees will be paid for their exact hours worked, and you’ll know when employees arrive and when they leave because it will be recorded automatically.
- Time Off Requests: With automated software, you’ll also eliminate the need for written employee time off requests. They’ll be able to submit requests and check accrued time via the system, from any computer. The system will alert you to any time off requests and will let the employee know whether the request was approved or denied.
- Ease of Use: These fully automated time tracking programs are easier to use than an Excel spreadsheet. They do all of the work for you, no calculator, no pen, and paper needed. They culminate the data you in real time. They’ll track and schedule your budget, provide you with actual labor costs, schedule your employees, track sales transactions and more. With just a click of the mouse, you can see what’s going on at any given moment. This will allow you to manage your workforce efficiently while saving you time and money.
- Compliance: Plus, keeping accurate records of who is on- or off-site will increase the safety of staff in the event of an incident. It will also help keep you compliant with all health and safety regulations. Because all businesses are required to maintain employee records for a minimum of three years, and timecard records for two years, having a platform that saves them in the cloud is ideal. No longer will records take up valuable space in your office; they’ll be right at hand when you need them.
No matter what type of small business you have, keeping an eye on the bottom line is essential. Automated timekeeping software will help eliminate paperwork while saving time and money.